Email Me

Email me

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Post Op 9 Weeks and Survived First 55 Hr Week

So I am now a couple of days past my 9 week post op date and officially survived my first 55 hour week at the hospital. It was not easy to say the least and now that is the weekend I am so thrilled to be off my feet and lounging around. I definitely know by my pain levels that my hip is not right, but I hope that I can suck it up. Right now I am taking 1g of Tylenol three times a day (and add in some codeine at night to help sleep).

My physiotherapy has stopped progressing since I am so tired and sore that I can't do my exercises after I get home from the hospital and my ROM is still very stiff and sore. I can bend to about 90* of flexion and no internal rotation. I think that the physio is still helping me maintain what motion I do have, but it is just not progressing as I would wish.

My SI joint/lower lumbar area is so incredibly sore that it hurts to lie down and breathe. I am slightly worried about this since it hurts so much. It makes me grumpy! :( I really is difficult to stay positive when your body is rebelling against the mind. I am struggling with this at the moment. I think that the majority of the problem is that I am not really getting that much better and this past surgery has just exacerbated my pain levels. In hindsight, I would have never gone with an attempted revision surgery, but had just gone for the reconstructive surgery to begin. But hindsight is 20/20 and thinking this way just adds unnecessary stress to the stress of dealing with chronic pain and trying to get life back up and running after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment