Email Me

Email me

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What has my body done?

I was riding the bike today during my routine ride when I thought to myself, 'holy cow! how have things changed for me.' Seriously. Today I was trying to do this:



But I could not put that much weight through my hip. I realize that I am shy of two weeks post op, but it is terribly sad to think that 5.5 years ago I was doing triple jumps on the ice and running 5 km road races under 25 minutes. Absolutely insane what a couple of years full of surgeries can do to one's body. I know that I will never get to skate or run again. But one thing I do know, is that I am going to make the best of the body I am given. I will get my hips feeling the best they can and deal with the other aches and pains as best I can.

I now have a LOT more time on my hands since I am off school for a while, and I have really noticed my hypermobility. I really notice this as I have to scoot on the bed/couch with my upper body while somebody moves my leg to get situated in place (only a couple more days of complete hip flexor rest for me!). I fear that I am going to dislocate both shoulders and clavicle every time I move. Also, when I get help to go from sitting to standing I fear my wrist is going to pop out. UGH. Frankly, it scares me. I hope that everything holds up considering how much abnormal movement I have in my knees, shoulders, wrists, etc. etc. ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment