Email Me

Email me

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

14 Days Post Op

Today marks two weeks since my surgery.  It has gone by so quickly!  I can't believe that I am all fixed on the right side and am simply healing.  I really feel that my right hip joint is fixed and is going to feel wonderful once my surgical incisional pain dissipates.  Compared to my left hip, the right is already feeling much smoother.

 I really can't believe the swelling and scaring that I have experienced this time around.  Very, very impressive.  My pain is still a bit much for my liking.  I mean, I can deal with surgical pain, but my goodness, the throbbing and exploding every time I stand up.  I am still taking Norco at least twice during the day and Valium or Robaxin at night for the muscle spasms.  I am thinking that it is all the IT work that I had done.

I don't believe that I have listed everything that I had done during my surgery yet.  So, here it is:

  • CAM removal
  • Rim trimming
  • Labral repair
  • Labral reconstruction (ITB autograft)
  • Labral reconstrution (allograft)
  • Synovectomy
  • Iliofemoral capsular plication
  • Ischiofemroal capsular plication
  • Chondroplasty
  • ITB release
  • Bursectomy (greater trochanter)
Let's hope the insurance company decides that all of these procedures were medically necessary!!


No comments:

Post a Comment