Email Me

Email me

Friday, March 28, 2014

4 Weeks Post Op

A WHOLE month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Woohoo!!!  And I ain't looking back!  This surgery is a brutal one from which to recover, but only brutal for the first 2.5 weeks for me.  Then after that it has been a slow but steady improvement.  I am totally self sufficient now (except for carrying things since I'm on two crutches).  It feels great to be able to do everything on my own.  Even shoes and socks are not an issues.  I am riding the bike 2 times a day for 15-20 minutes at a time.  I am hoping that doing this will reduce some of the atrophy and help me get off of crutches more easily. 

I got all of my records in the mail this past week as well.  The operative report was quite impressive.  They did SO MUCH during that surgery, cut lots of bone, muscles, and moved so many things around that it's mind-boggling to believe that it is possible to feel the way I currently feel.  As far as coverage, I gained 15 degrees of anterior coverage, 15 degrees of lateral coverage, and retroversion was fixed by 10 degrees.  I still have a posterior wall sign, but I now have an anterior and lateral hip joint!  This means that it is stable and that it shouldn't sublux out anymore.  The hip joint feels really great, much better than the other side.

I am trying to do everything I can to recover from this surgery as fast as possible.  I am taking all my vitamins (C, D, calcium, and multivitamin), riding the bike, doing all of my ROM exercises (flexion, external rotation, abduction, adduction), resting, remaining NWB.  I see my surgeon in 3 more weeks doe more x-rays.  I am hoping to speak with my surgeon sooner than this appt tho, because I need to submit for my vacation for the next year and I need to know when the best time to have my three weeks off as I hope to get the other side screwed as well.  I feel crazy to want to have another PAO, but I do believe that it is necessary and will help me attain the best function with the least amount of pain possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment