Email Me

Email me

Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!!!!!

I'm really getting excited for the holidays now that December 1st hit.  I don't know what has me very excited this year, but I am truly excited!!  I suppose it's because last year I was taking boards and had a lot of stress with having to put my cat down, health insurance issues, getting dumped by my orthopaedic surgeon at the time, anxiety issues.  And the year before that I was sick and trying to work through Christmas so that I could have my surgery January 5th out in Vail.  This year, despite me working most of the time, I am more relaxed and less stressed.  Don't get me wrong, I am very busy with finishing up school and interviewing for residency. But I don't have an impending issue this holiday season.  And for that I am thankful.  (I suppose my impending issues will begin in the New Year when I prepare for my surgery and for ranking/matching for residency).  Until then...I'll cherish my holiday cheer. 
 
Today my family and I decorated our Christmas tree.  It was so much fun.  We watched Home Alone on VHS and managed to completely fill our tree.  Each year we get a new ornament from my Mum so that when we "grow up" (no, I have not grown up yet since I am still living at home, going to school, and needing my mumma myself!).  This year we each got an ornament that has an angel with a crystal ball on the bottom.  A fraction of the proceeds went to Make a Wish Foundation.  I thought it was a really cool ornament that is thoughtful. I have more than ten years of decorations from my Mum.  One day when I get my own tree (maybe next year!!!), I'll be good to go!
 
So, it's less than three months until I am done school and ready to roll onward and upward in life.  I am very thankful that I am able to get my surgery done, even if it does suck trying to get there with current pain levels. 
 
I was texting with a friend today and was saying how incredibly consuming hips and pain can be.  It is a bit discouraging that they dictate everything I do in life.  I think about them far too often to be healthy.  Really?  What would be consuming my brain if I didn't have to worry about my hips?  I must have been a less-boring individual prior to my hips acting up!  Whatevs...a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do, eh?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment