Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Stupid Crazy Hips

It gets to a point, during such a long and arduous surgical process, where one wants to throw in the towel, call it quits, be done and over with the entire ordeal. I won't lie, I feel like that often. I'll out on a happy face and go about my normal activities, but deep down, it truly is frustrating.  I have had so many surgeries on my left hip, the last being the most brutal, and it still hurts. Which is disheartening. The left hip may actually still hurt more than my non-PAO'd hip.  It's scary. I am hoping when I get the screws out in September, that it will alleviate some of this pain.  The fact that it hurts to weight bear is worrisome bc I know it will need a THR, just when?

As for my right hip, it's been alright. The deep ache is constant, but I've been lucky as it hasn't slipped out in six weeks or so. Now that I've jinxed myself....

Medication-wise, things are still so-so.  My new PCP was more than supportive to help manage my pain.  During my original appointment, he was pushing for Butrans patches and I was hesitant.  I chose the Tramadol ER. Which kind of does work, but I wouldn't disagree that I need more pain relief to properly function at work. In hindsight, I wish I had taken him up on the Butrans patch offer, but hindsight is 20/20. I suppose I should call to see if he would write a script for me prior to my next appointment with him on August 22nd. I will have to gather up enough courage to call. I have no problems calling for other people, or dishing out advice to people, but when it comes to me and my own health and doctors, I hate it.

But on a happier note, the proper Neurontin dosage has done wonders! I can touch my inner thigh skin and not cringe. I don't get those sharp electrocuting pains down my leg anymore. Thank goodness. Hopefully I won't be needing 300mg TID for too too long, but I'm expecting to need it up to and through a while of my right PAO recovery.

Speaking of which, the RPAO is coming up. In 54 days I'll be getting ready to go to the OR for my (hopefully) last big operation for a while.  I know it needs to be done, it's such a daunting task. And the fact that I have only 3 weeks scheduled off is worrisome. I know that is almost next to impossible, but the fact I will be returning back to work shortly after the surgery has me stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment