Email Me

Email me

Monday, March 28, 2011

Long Time No Post

So, I haven't posted here for a very, VERY long time. I was hoping that I could leave all of this hip stuff behind and try to move on with my life; since reading/posting about hips propetuates thinking of the hips and possibly hindering my ability to return to life not thinking about hips. To no avail though. Since I have posted, I have seen my OS who told me that I could do anything I wanted and should be good to go. Except for the fact that my L side (most currently operated on) is still inflamed. I was to see him at the one year mark to see if it is still inflamed, but I could cancel the appoinment if I don't think I need it. Well, fast forward to now, and I am no better than I was in November of last year (maybe a little bit worse actually). I can't flex past 90* yet and still have no internal rotation. I am always so scared to bring my hip into any form of ROM and thought that I should try it a couple of days ago - to see how far I could move it. Finding that my ROM is still very limited and painful it instantly gave me a pit in my stomach. What if things aren't healing properly?! After my first hip scope - I was already painfree and now I am still worse than I was before I had the surgery. I can't move my hip, I throb when I am in bed, I can't work out at all, I can't put on socks/shoes normally, or pain my toe nails. I try my hardest to not talk about it to friends/family since I am sure they have had their fair share of me complaining for the past 3.5 years about hip pain. But I am unsure of what my hip future is. I absolutely don't have time for another operation because of school but really, really can't keep living like this! I see my surgeon in the summer which will be 13 months post-op. I can hope that things improve in the next couple of months, but at the rate I am going, it doesn't look hopeful. I know that people are out there in more pain than myself, but I am totally fed up with hip pain. I am only 26 years old and can't even take one step without thinking of my hip :( What happens when I get older and age starts to play a factor? Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment