Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

6 Weeks, 42 days later...

Yesterday was officially my 6 week mark and woohoo for this past surgery being a complete and total success.  I haven't had a hip feel like this in years and years.  Absolutely incredible.  It can bend, rotate, twist without any pain or catching.  I wish I could do a happy dance, but I am still on the sticks.  I don't seem to be able to get off them just yet. I did two days ago, hobble around the house without crutches for a few hours, but this landed me with a lovely groin pinch when I decompress weight.  So back onto them.  It will come, sooner rather than later.

I'm already getting a bit antsy about my upcoming appointment in a month (I can tell because I had a dream about how my surgeon may react at my upcoming appointment...although in a very unrealistic and weird way!)  I know that I am gonna be a doctor in a few years, but I hate (HATE) going to doctors.  Especially surgeons!  Every time I go to an orthopaedic surgeon, they tell me that I need more surgery.  Considering my track record, I would say that it would be normal to be apprehensive going back for a follow-up.  Especially since my left hip is still not perfect.  I don't expect it to be perfect, but I need it to be able to hold me up, without pain, for very long days when I return back to school in February.  I really think it needs a bit of (non-surgical) help.  I don't know what the surgeon has up his sleeve...I hope something good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment