Email Me

Email me

Monday, November 5, 2012

Walking = Hard Work!


Walking is very hard work.  This is a video of my first steps alone without crutches after 5.5 weeks of crutches following my reconstructive hip scope.  Not great, but it's a start.  I am a teeny bit better now, a couple days later, but I still basically need the crutches to do anything of significance.  I managed to hobble around my house holding onto counters and walls until about noon today.  I was proud of myself.  Then I did the afternoon on one crutch and after I got back from the pool, I was back on two crutches.  I just want off of these inconvenient sticks!!

With respect to the pool, wow, it has really stepped up a notch.  My PT had called the surgeon's PA to discuss what to do about my left hip as we have kind of hit a wall.  I can't activate my psoas without pain, my range isn't as good as my most recently operated side, and I have bursitis.  Awesome.  So the PA had called me and he said to increase my pool workouts to 3 - 4 times a week, and he added exercises so that it actually takes me an hour in the pool.  The entire pool experience takes a whole two hours.  And what a tiring two hours this is.  It is very good at helping me walk properly, but wow, I really feel it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment