Email Me

Email me

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Survived on Week of School

Well, not a full week...rather four days and now I get four days off.  It was a gift from God having my doctor have his kids off from school for Friday and Monday!  Because of this I got a very long weekend and my body was extremely thankful for this.  I can survived to about noon and then the throbbing starts.  My right side is holding up amazingly well, no joint pain at all, yes some swelling on the lateral hip, but nothing that a little ice-pack can't help.  My left side is another story.  It hurts.  A lot. I think I've established my concern with my left hip, and now I don't know what to think.

I received my operative reports this past week and it states that I have left hip dysplasia with a 'very shallow anterior wall'.  Forgive me if I am over-reacting, but the fact that my MRI notes say my CE angle is 20, 21, or 24 degrees (depending on positioning) and I still hurt does plant a small seed of concern about this 'borderline' dysplasia in the back of my mind.  I will give it 12 months before I start to get really concerned, but the facts line up to cause concern.

I feel like this hip journey goes on and on and on and on.  I'm totally over it.  I'm back at school and don't feel like my body likes it very much.  In fact, I am pretty sure it (being mostly my left hip) detests me being back on my feet.  I'm so frustrated I could scream.  And I feel almost embarrassed to say how much I hurt.  My family and friends just don't get it. How could they?  I do hint to my mum that my hip still hurts, and I think she gets it, but nobody else knows nor cares.  It's really weird to bring it up to anybody anymore.  Frankly after six hip surgeries, how much more hips can people take.  So, I make a conscious effort to not bring it up to friends and family.  I'm over it and so is everybody else.  Now my leftie needs to figure out that everybody is over him and it is now his turn to join Mrs. Rightie on the other side of hip pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment