Email Me

Email me

Saturday, April 6, 2013

God Bless Those Who Want To Be Surgeons.

...and pray for those who don't.

I have started another rotations at school and have survived a week of pure torture.  This surgery rotation is the worst possible rotation of which I could think.  Not only is is mentally challenging (which I don't really mind at all, I thoroughly enjoy thinking and learning), but physically, I am struggling to say the least.  I have been doing 12-14 hour days on my feet.  Something that is next to impossible with a sore left hip and a sprained right knee.  But I don't have a choice and must keep up.  Yesterday was particularly difficult as the case in which I was scrubbed, turned into a five hour surgery.  Imagine trying to stand for five hours when it normally hurts to stand for 5 minutes.  Needless to say, it was difficult and I really don't know how I did it. I am paying for it now, but this was absolutely expected.  I have no idea how I am going to be able to do three more weeks of this intense work schedule.  It is very tough for me.  I know that this type of work is difficult for everybody, but coming off of so many surgeries and still struggling makes it particularly hard to handle the physical demands of my rotation.  Please pray that I get through these next few weeks--I seriously need some divine intervention.

It would be unfair to try to give an update on the status of the hips as everything just darn hurts.  I really, really hurt and am struggling and don't want this post to turn into a poor-me discussion.  Thus, I won't elaborate.  Suffice it to say--I need some prayers for strength and perseverance.  Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm sorry you're going through this, but in all honesty, it sounds like you need to get to the bottom of what is going on with your hip so you can get on with your life. Your body is telling you something is wrong with all this pain, and perhaps you're doing more harm. I can't say for certain of course, as I'm just a reader of your blog.

    Perhaps you should discuss a visco supplement injection for you hip, see if it helps in the meantime to get through the next several weeks.

    Have you thought about hip resurface? Maybe you might be a candidate. You're young so I would think that would be the next logical step to consider so you can get through school and get on with your life.

    ReplyDelete