Email Me

Email me

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Half Way

I am officially half way through my general surgery rotation, and, as previously mentioned, it is a huge struggle.  The pain is most distracting.  I stand there wishing I could just sit down.  I really do think that something is wrong.  I have been very patient and hoping for some healing and relief with time, but this does not seem to be working.  When I hurt 24/7 and need heating pad and muscle relaxants to sleep really makes me wonder what's up.  Is the dysplasia the culprit? Narrowed  joint space? Would I need more surgery? PAO? THR? What medications should I take? I have so many questions and no answers. 

For obvious reasons, I have made an appointment with a local orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in hip scopes, open hip surgeries, PAOs for some direction and help to figure out what I can do to help me get through life right now.  It is inappropriate to live in so much pain and simply be trying to struggle through life without any plan.  I need a plan of action to help reduce my pain levels so that I am less miserable.  I really believe that a fresh set of eyes on my case will help determine what the next step should be.  I am no looking for surgery at the moment, although realize it may be a possibility in the future.  I am just looking for an understanding of what could be wrong with my hip at this point in time. 

I am currently 10 months post op and have been very patient to see results from the surgery.  Given that I have had four previous hip scopes on this hip, I was told that I should see results from 6-12 months.  I  will give it longer than 12 months before I do anything drastic, but I need something to help me currently.  NSAIDs and ice is just no cutting it currently.  So, May 16th is the day I meet with another surgeon to discuss what's up and what we can do to make me less miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment