Email Me

Email me

Sunday, March 24, 2013

One Day at a Time

I am trying to remain positive and am currently taking one day at a time.  This is easier at some times than others.  If I am honest, I am extremely happy that I have my right side pain free.  It is a dream and I am extremely thankful for the relief.  This has provided me with one side on which to stand for the majority of my day on my feet.  I try to sit when I can, but this is nearly impossible on the rotation that I am currently completing.  I try to count my blessings, I really do, but sometimes it is very difficult especially when one hip has constant pain and reduced ROM.  It seems that pain and hips decide on what I can and cannot do; which is annoying.  Having said this, I realize that there are many other people who have it a lot worse and I am not as bad as I was before (at least now that I have one decent hip).  God gave me so many blessings in my life and I need to be thankful and acknowledge them more often...especially here on my blog where I tend to vent my frustrations and fears. 

I have learned many things throughout my hip journey.  I have met amazing people and realized who will support me and encourage me through thick and thin.  I am blessed.  Also because of my hips, I have chosen a completely different field of medicine than what I had originally planned before all the surgeries last year.  I think that because of my hips, I will be better in my field and be a better physician.  I understand the chronicity of pain and the social, mental, emotional, and physical tolls it takes on an individual.  Pain is so multifaceted that it is hard to empathize with patients dealing with chronic pain if you haven't experienced it.  I am thankful for the guidance the Lord has given me on choosing my career and will definitely do the best with what I have been given.  Bum hip and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment