Email Me

Email me

Sunday, June 15, 2014

15 Weeks Post Op

Even though I'm a few days past, I'll still consider this my 15 week update.  It's almost four months!!! I can't believe it...it has flown by yet dragged at the same time.  Generally speaking my PAO'd side is doing well.  It definitely gets tired, but it holds its own.  I had over done it on the PT exercises this past week and took a few days to recover from that.  But, at 14.5 weeks post op I tried: walking for 20 min, biking with resistance for 20 min, then 1.5 hours of exercises.  Not brilliant.  So after three days of recovery, I then had my graduation party which involved me standing and walking around for several hours.  I sat when I could, but with the number of people at my party, I had to socialize and walk around my yard from 4:30 until 10:00pm (which was after helping with decorating, cooking, etc).  So I now need to recover from that. 

Overall, my right side is not doing well.  It hurts a lot and I don't see how I'll be able to work disgusting hours with a right hip that is as sore as it currently is.  D-day is next Monday.  My surgeon will see if he feels I am ready for my next PAO.  What gets me is that my general energy is still not normal.  I realize I had my pelvis broken, but I also feel like any form of physical stamina has been sucked out of my body.  And this is still at almost four months out.  I can't imagine how long it will take to get my umph back if I go back to the OR in July.  Ha.  And I can't believe that I'm begging to do it again.  Call me crazy, but desperate times call for desperate measures. 

My work authorization should be here tomorrow, which will be awesome because then I'll be able to head back to PT hopefully this week, get my medications (I've completely stopped my Neurontin and birth control pills bc I can't get to the US to pick my scripts up).  So, if my card arrives tomorrow, I'll be heading over to CVS ASAP to pick my meds up and hopefully get a PT appointment in.

No comments:

Post a Comment