Email Me

Email me

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reminder of Why I Need Surgery

I now remember why I am getting hip surgery in June. Yesterday was a terrible hip day. Normally, I am so busy that I can forget about my hip all together, but yesterday the pain was so bad that I could hardly sit still while I studied. If I sat upright my hip throbbed, if I shifted my weight to the left or to the right, it also hurt. I ended up lying on my stomach on my bed as I crammed in last minute information before my exam in the morning.

I can't think of anything that I could have done to aggrevate it and make it particularly painful yesterday. But this was a good reminder of why I am going through with surgery. I need this every so often, because sometimes I think that it might be easier & less scary to opt out of surgery (especially since I have already gone through this same thing once and I know what to expect in terms of recovery). Alas, I totally happy with the hope that someday I may have painless hips.

I also called to confirm that my surgeon did get the results and a CD copy of my MRI and arthrogram. And I am glad that they did so that I don't have to hound on the radiologist's office on sending out the results. I also made sure that I was just an outpatient case. Last time I was in and out in the same day, but during my last clinic appointment, the fellow, told me that I would be staying in the hospital overnight. I didn't think that the fellow was correct, but had to make sure that I wasn't going to actually be staying in overnight. Not that it will matter to me at that point (because I won't remember the majority of the first couple of days), but more for my parents' sake since we have to travel out of town to a major teaching hospital to get this done.

Well, enough of the rant.....off to bed......

No comments:

Post a Comment