Email Me

Email me

Sunday, May 2, 2010

One Month to Go

I officially have one month to go. Since today is now May 2nd and I get surgery June 2nd. I can't believe that I only have to live with a labral tear and impingement 4 more weeks. I have had hip pain now for 3 years; from the onset of my right hip pain to the surgery for my left hip pain.

You know what is very coincidental? June 2nd, 2007 was the exact day that my initial hip symptoms started. Now June 2nd, 2010 marks the beginning of the end for my hip pain. (hopefully).

I never want to have to go through this type of hip pain again. Although not completely debilitating, meaning I could still mostly function, I couldn't (can't) do the things that a normal person my age should do. I can't go workout at the gym, I can't run, and now, I can't walk around the mall without having my lovely hip lock on me several times during the subsequent days. Another thing that I noticed is that I can no longer sleep on my left side. I have a lovely memory foam mattress that contours to my body, but this makes my actual hip sink in, and my knees don't, which causes slight internal rotation and I can't stand it for longer than a 5 minute length of time.

But....all of this will be gone once I get my hip all fixed up. I can't wait to get this over with so that I can heal and get on with my life. I think that the thing that I am most looking forward to is getting fit again. I used to be such an active person, and now the exercise I get is walking up and down my stairs at my apartment and walking across the street onto campus everyday.

So the countdown begins: 1 month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment