Email Me

Email me

Friday, May 7, 2010

It Is Coming....

I just got off the phone with my surgeon's secretary and got a few things cleared away...

Apparently the surgeon wants more Xrays of my hip before the surgery, so I have to go into the hospital the day before the surgery to get more Xrays. Since I am the first case of the day I have to be at the hospital for 6AM. I have to drive out of town to get this surgery done so I would have gone up the day before anyway; I suppose going up a bit earlier to get Xrays is not really a big deal. She then gave me the speal about what to do the day of the surgery (ie where to go for pre-admit, make sure to bring crutches....ha, I kind of have an idea since I have been through this before, but she gave me the shortened version since I already know what is going to happen).

This time my surgeon wants a full pre-op physical though. Last time I had my hip scoped all he did was want blood work in addition to the Xrays. Now he wants even more Xrays and an EKG. It seems like last time I was missing out on the full pre-op work-up. So I have to make an appointment here at the clinic at school to get all my lab tests done and have them faxed to my surgeon's office back home.

So the plans are in place.....it is coming....the beginning of the end of sore hips!

No comments:

Post a Comment