Email Me

Email me

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Last Hurrah

Yesterday I went to an amusement park to enjoy my last days of mobility before my hip surgery. It was an absolute blast! I had so much fun, despite limping back to the car after our day. It was totally worth the pain. Now I am more sore than 'normal' but I can't complain at all since my Mum insisted that I not go because it would make me sore!

I had a great weekend out of town visiting my brother, shopping, amusement park, etc. These things I would normally not do due to my hip hurting so much but considering I will hurt even more in less than 48 hours, I think it was worth it.

I am starting to get nervous now since tomorrow is the day I travel up to the town in which the hospital is located. I can't believe how quickly this surgery has crept up on me. It feels strange to be preparing to go into the operating room again. It feels just like yesterday I was getting ready to have my right hip operated on, now I am getting my left done. One and a half years ago, if somebody told me that I would need the same thing done on my other hip I think that I might have freaked out. But, I have had a great, albeit long, recovery from my first surgery and am totally willing to take the risk of having surgery to have a hope of a life without hip pain. So tomorrow is packing up some essentials for an overnight stay in a hotel, and making sure everything is clean enough around the house to make maneuvering as easy as possible when I get home from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment