Email Me

Email me

Sunday, May 18, 2014

New Things

Today marked day two of using no crutches.  I didn't even touch them once!  Mind you, I didn't walk very far at all, but still:  11 weeks out and I have officially ditched them (I'll be taking them away when I have to navigate airports tomorrow traveling to graduation), but those long walking distances don't count as technically being on crutches.  My goal was to be able to walk across stage without a limp:  and I'm a week ahead of schedule.  My surgeon, PT, and ATC all agreed that walking across the stage would be a reasonable goal, I can confidently say that I have already met it :)

This past week I did a straight leg raise, but today I did 10 of them!  SLR are my nemesis (along with adductor squeezes), but I can officially say that I can do a SLR or two or ten...they aren't exactly pretty, but can be done.

And now I officially can say that my recently operated hip hurts less than my other hip.  I didn't think that I would ever say that given this left hip hurt so much before the surgery.  Gosh, I want my right side PAO and scoped like yesterday.

I really needed to write this post about my more positive achievements because today was, overall, a generally bad day: right hip hurt a lot, I have started my period, my GI system is just outta whack (upset tummy, constipation, gas), and heartburn that felt like my heart was literally on fire 75% of the day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment