Email Me

Email me

Friday, March 30, 2012

Drugs, Drugs, and More Drugs

I've never been on constant medication besides 200mg of Aleve BID until now. Nowadays, I feel like I am constantly making sure that I have taken my medication. I am on two different medications which I have to take two times each day, not within two hours of any Ca, Fe, Mg. That means to juice in the morning for me! Plus, if I don't take these medications in the morning with a substantial amount of food (ie two pieces of toast, two eggs, etc.) I'll throw up within 30 minutes of taking them. I have never been much of a breakfast person, but constantly throwing up in the AM will def make one want to eat breakfast to prevent this from happening. Even if I have a breakfast on the lighter side of things, I still get extremely nauseous, sigh.

To add onto this, I have a cream to put on my hip four times a day. Yes, this means that I have to bring it to the hospital with me and put it on at my lunch. I look super cool, "excuse me, I need to go and put some cream on my butt, hip, and groin!" Awkward. I try to keep it on the down low. I've only used it last night and today. I haven't noticed any difference yet. Except my skin on which I apply the cream feels as if it is plastic. Very odd sensation! Not any pain reduction yet, but I assume that it should take a little while to start to work. I am relying on this cream to help stop the vicious pain cycle in which I am currently stuck. Not only so I can function, but so that we can figure out if my hip has a mechanical block by allowing my muscles to relax enough to allow my hip to move as far as it can. We are hoping full ROM returns. I have a gut feeling that I have scar tissue build up, but I am not going to focus on the pessimistic side and, rather, focus on trying to stay positive as this cream really does give me a chance to avoid surgery.

Here's to plastic-feeling hips & optimism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment