Email Me

Email me

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bring It ON!

I have made up my mind to go into this surgery with only positive thoughts and hopes.  I will put the entire situation in the hands of God and trust that it will work out for the best for me.  Being worried, scared, sad, or any other negative thought really takes a lot of energy and, I feel, can actually bring me down a few notches.  Yes, I could be worried out of my mind, but what good does that do?  Nothing really, except for making this next week full of stress and worry.  Totally not worth it.



I have all my ducks aligned so to speak.  I even picked up and cleaned my room so that when I can't get up to my room, I don't have to worry about the mess.  Also, I cleaned out my drawers and closet so that all my clothes are easily found by others when they go up and get my clothes for the day.  I didn't actually think to clean my room last time and phew, it was an ordeal trying to find my clothes off the floor.  In my defense, I only had a week to get things organized, but this time I figure I'd be more prepared.  I have all my medical devices too:  hip brace, SCD leg pumps, CPM pad (yes, I kept them from last time so that I wouldn't have to pay the $20 for them again when they were still in perfect condition.)

So, in a week from now I could already be done my surgery.  Wow!  I am thrilled to think that I will get my right hip fixed up and be on the road to recovery.  Although this hip surgery deal is a long and slow recovery, I really think (and hope) that this surgery can give me some relief.  Thank goodness I am seeing one of the best hip preservation surgeons in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment