Email Me

Email me

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Driving Ain't So Hot for Dem Hips

I could have told you that my hips would suck prior to me driving home, but THEY HURT.  I suppose 12 hours and 1,176 km later, this is what I should expect.  But, it had to be done, I had to get home.  I managed to stop twice for pee/gas/food breaks. I hobbled out of the car each time.  It was prolly a sight to behold.  But, I just sucked it up and drove on through.  Frankly, I'm not sure how I did it, but I did and I got to sleep in my own bed last night which was glorious!

I have a week long vacation this week.  Which will be full of residency applications, sleeping, resting, etc.  I have to return an outdated library book from my base hospital (which I didn't even realize I had until they emailed me a rather nasty email!).  I also have to do some paper work, organize some school papers, call the doctor, and I want to stain an old coffee table we have (I painted it bright blue to move away for med school and essentially ruined it and I want to make it look lovely again).

I have a lot planned and hope these hippies settle down cuz I hate feelin' like this.  I mean, really!!?? It is just a bit of instability.  My angles aren't even really severe and I'm hobbling around all day hurting.  It doesn't make sense how much it can hurt.  I realize that chronic pain becomes centrally sensitized, but dang!  I need better meds or reduce my activity (the former may be easier than the latter since I can't really tone down the school stuff).

~186 days until I get fixed.  woot woot. (which is also the same number of days left in school).

No comments:

Post a Comment