Email Me

Email me

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lazy Rainy Summer Days

Despite the fact that I have been extremely busy for the last few months, this weekend has been quite the opposite.  I have laid around and rested for the majority (meaning 95%) of my entire weekend.  I know that this is kind of lame being that this is my last week here on my rotation down south but I had no choice.  Yesterday I spent the entire day on my bed reading, emailing, and wasting my life away on Facebook and other modes of social media.  It was entirely welcomed!  I wish I could have done more, but I enjoyed the resting and relaxation that comes along with pouring rain all day and bum hips.

Today, even though the rain continued, I managed to get my butt up and go out.  I went to an art festival downtown.  It was really neat.  Lots of fancy, handmade jewelry, and crafts. I wish I could have afforded to buy a pair of earrings.  But, when one is a student, needs and wants are heavily weighed.  It rained the entire time we were there but I did manage to get a good picture from the park of the downtown area:

downtown
 We also walked around the perimeter.  It was so nice to get outside and get some fresh, albeit damp, air.  It is difficult for me to get around and walk for any significant period of time.  So we do random stops on wet park benches sitting just long enough to get my butt soaking wet.  It was real sexy!  As we walked around the park looking at the various tents of crafty things, I noticed several drinking fountains of peculiar shape.  They were all over the place.  No disrespect, but who would think that this water fountain is okay to put all around public parks?! This is not okay.  Like, really?! What were they thinking when they approved this design?

really?

After hobbling around the park for an hour and a half, eating some amazing Italian ice (raspberry-lemonade flavour), we came home and I made some amazing tortellini.  I had purchased this from the international market in town and was excited to make these spinach flavoured delights for supper.  Fix it up with a fresh salad and I was good to go!  I am thoroughly enjoying my time here cooking with all these different foods available.  When I go home we tend to eat the same things as always, not very adventurous.  But when I get to get out on my own, I love trying new things and cooking up a storm.  Yum!

Spinach tortellini 
 So, I finish up my relatively relaxing weekend and psych myself up for yet another week on rotations.  This is my last week until I get a week vacation.  A week vacation that is SO NEEDED!!!!!!!  Oh gall. So excited.  I just have to get through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment