Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Off my feet for one week

Me being on vacation is glorious rest for my hips.  Seriously.  MUCH needed.  Although the drive home killed my back.  I realize that most of the pain is muscular, but this is unnecessary pain.  I had to use a portable heating package thing all day. I literally feel like everything hurts, even with my time off.  I can't imagine how crabby I'd be if I was doing rotations now.

Plus, I had decided that I needed to start strengthening core and upper body because I have to be able to hold myself up on crutches in six months and I'm so weak in the arms that it could cause problems (since I am prone to dislocations in the shoulders, clavicles, wrists).  I can't see how I could do 8 or so weeks on crutches without making my upper body miserable in my current state of strength.  Yesterday I tried with VERY light weights upper body exercises.  I will stress that I was taking it VERY easy.  Nonetheless, my shoulder hurt immediately after I finished, as did my darn hip.  So I haven't done anything and need to let things heal up.  I may email my previous PT to have him send me some upper body isometrics/stretching/etc.  I need to build up strength without hurting myself.

I also gathered up enough courage to call the surgeon's office to have a chat with his nurse about my medications.  I literally ration out my tramadol so I don't have to call back to have refills (they seemed very leery about giving me meds previously).  Now though, I can call once a month, leave a message, and she will call in tramadol and voltaren no questions asked until I can get surgery.  I should have asked about scheduling, but totally forgot because I was so elated about getting the medications so easily.  I will surely ask about scheduling next time I call...in one month.

In exactly six months I will hopefully have had my PAO.  Yay and eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment