Email Me

Email me

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

PT Assessment

Yesterday I had my first PT sesh.  It really wasn't a full treatment or anything since she did an assessment.  She seemed like she kinda knew what she was talking about.  I'll have a better idea after we start working together.  We are planning to do three times a week in order to maximize my recovery and get strong enough to have a fighting chance to be strong enough to get the right hip done end of July.

I have a lot of work to do:  my adductor and hip flexor strength is only 1/5 and my extension is zero degrees.  A lot of this is expected since they did essentially break my pelvis, inserted four screws, and I've been walking with crutches for two months. 

Speaking of crutches, I want off of them!  I can do one crutch alright, but very slowly, and when I'm tired it hurts too much.  If I could have one wish right now, it would be to not need crutches to walk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment