Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Appointment BOOKED!

So after a semi-forceful email to the ATC of Dr. P asking if he could expedite the process of obtaining an appointment, I got a phone call stating that they can fit me in on June 6th at 2:00 pm. I was like yes, count me in.  I'll get in and out in a day!  Not so fast missy!  They want bilateral MRIs done the night before, have an appointment with him on the Wednesday, and then I have to plan on staying until the afternoon the next day because Dr. P will likely want to do something.  When I asked what they said that the surgeon and his ATC would discuss things with the scheduling lady and I would get more information about what to expect during my next appointment.  Kinda sounds like they may try to do something?!  I dunno, the only thing I can think of is a guided injection of sorts?  PRP? Exam under anesthesia? I know one thing, I may be buying flight cancelation insurance just to be safe.  It would be horrible to have flights out of Denver home and not be able to make the flight because I'm unable to drive or something.

All I hope for is some answers.  I can't keep going on through life like this.  I can't stand more than 5 minutes, I can't do anything fun except go home after work and collapse in bed/couch with a heating pad and ice.  I am prepared for him to tell me I need another surgery on each side.  The Naprosyn isn't providing enough relief but when I don't take it I hurt even more.  They said that I could switch to Celebrex to see if that helps.  I am so so so thankful that I have an appointment in two weeks.  It can't come soon enough.  If he says surgery, I say YES!  I am emotionally and physically exhausted and don't have much more to give.  Boy, it does sound desperate, but it is the truth.  On the outside I look fine, but, I am struggling to keep up with life right now.  And it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment