Email Me

Email me

Monday, August 6, 2012

50/50

It's like my golden birthday (as a fellow hipster called it), but in the countdown, countup world of hip surgeries....well, I suppose "yesterday" was, since I am writing this post at nearly 1AM.  But still, point stands, I am (or was) 50 days post op from my left hip surgery and 50 days pre op for my right hip surgery.  I am super excited that the left hip is most likely fixed, knock on wood, and that my right one is completely coming up quickly.

I have had a bit of a set back yesterday and today as I was doing one of my exercises called the 'dead lift' (? I think ?  ...my binder is downstairs and I am NOT getting out of bed to go and check the actual name), but I was doing it yesterday and I usually get a good snap out of, what I hope is the psoas, but it was way huge compared to normal.  And it HURT...a lot.  So much so that it made me jump backwards on my left hip.  He didn't like that so much, and in the process managed to irritate the hammie in its attachment to the ischial tuberosity.  So now I have a lovely pain in the groin and a pain in the butt every time I walk and even at rest.  I am sure it will go away in a few days, but it doesn't make it feel any better now.  Currently I am lying on ice and have ice on the anterior aspect of my hip hoping that it will alleviate the inflammation.  I've put Voltaren cream on my hip/butt for the last couple of days too hoping to settle things down.  Just a minor bump in the road towards good hips.

So, Happy 50/50 Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't mind my atrocious grammar on this post. ;)

1 comment: