Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Black Clouds

Honestly, if something can go wrong with the hip, I am pretty sure I can make it happen.  I mean, maybe not everything has gone wrong but this sure has been a long haul.  And it keeps going, and going, and going.  My Grampa today said that it is as if I walk around with one heck of a dark cloud regarding these hips.  Thanks Grampa, thanks.


My hamstring attachment hurts a lot.  I mean, as if recovering from the fourth surgery on the left side isn't enough, I get to deal with this too.  And leftie has to become the good and strong guy in less than 7 weeks.  He, right now, is NOT strong enough or happy enough to do his upcoming job.  I know 7 weeks is a long time and he'll settle down, just doesn't make this any better at the current time.

Yesterday in PT I cried when he palpated the hamstring and figures that it is partially torn.  It take a lot for me to cry because of the pain.  I think it is because it is so acute that it hurts so badly.  I have been icing like crazy, we KT'd up my hammy and will retape tomorrow differently since it is still sore.  Apart from adding on ultrasound, I suppose time is my buddy at this point.

Today I needed  head to the mall to get something for my hair for the upcoming wedding in which I am standing.  It was fun looking at all the sparkly hair pieces and earrings.  And I got some super sparkly earrings and hair piece.  I am thrilled to wear them (although not thrilled with their price $$).  I could make it to the store but had to stop and sit on a bench in the middle of the mall because I couldn't make it to the car and then had to push the buggy out to the car.  I thought I was stronger and better than this, but then I remembered that my Mum and I had just gone to the library to figure out their less-than-ideal-for-the-technologically-challenged system where we stood, err, hung on the counter, for 15-20 minutes.  This was too much for me and my hips.  The pain in both sides reminded exactly of how I felt every single day whilst on rotations in the clinics and hospitals.  Something that is just not healthy to do an something that I never want to do if I don't have to.

To end on a more positive note, I FINALLY slept last night.  I praise the Lord for this, as I really felt like I was going to go off the deep end if I didn't get a decent night's sleep.  Now I am going to drink some relaxing tea before I drug up and then go to bed in a couple of hours.  Oh the joys post op from hip surgery with a pending surgery on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment