Email Me

Email me

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Muffin Top....IT'S GROWING!!!

I am pretty sure that the people at the surgeon's office are going to think that I lied when I filled out my paperwork. I am sure that when they go to weigh me next week that they will think that I totally lied about my weight since I have, for sure, gained several pounds over a span of a week. Man alive, this holiday eating is really doing it in for the muffin top! Phew. Despite these unwanted symptoms from over-indulgence, the Christmas holiday has been more than pleasurable. I got to celebrate Jesus' birth with the great company of family and friends. I am so thankful for the fact that I can celebrate the holidays with my family. It is a blessing and wouldn't give it up for anything.

I got four days off total this past weekend and I return to my rotations tomorrow morning. It is bitter sweet returning because it is great that my school and hospital are allowing me to do one last rotation before being off for my surgery, but at the same time my entire family is off of work/school still and they get to stay home while I will be gone all day. At least I will have the evenings to spend with them this week.

Everything is set to go to Vail. All details are in place. I have to pay some bills and email some people, but other than that, I am good to go! I am actually kind of surprised at how nervous I am getting. I know exactly what they are going to do, which is both a good and bad thing. I think that I have some weird white coat thingie going on...which is especially odd since I wear a white coat all day. I think that being on the giving rather than the receiving end of this deal is better. But, what can ya do?! Hopefully this will be the last time for a very long time that I will be on the receiving end of all of this medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment