I got a call from Dr. P's office a couple of days ago stating that he had reviewed my case and based on his judgement (although not clinical at the moment), he believes that I qualify for his treatment. Which means I may be able to be fixed! I am trying to not get too excited over this since I have had two previous surgeons tell me that they could fix my hip. But, Dr. P is a big-wig and hopefully can help my hip.
As it stands now, I have to fill out 15 pages and fax it to his office then I will get a call within 24 hours from his office and I will discuss my treatment plan with somebody from his office. Heaven for bid I'd be able to actually speak with him. But, as long as I can figure out what needs to be done, I suppose this will suffice.
I am quite anxious that he will say that I should get fixed sooner rather than later in order to increase the chances of a successful surgery. I only say this since I had read a study by him a while back where he noted that the sooner the person has the reconstruction, the better the outcome. If this is the case I would certainly have to get it done asap since I really want this hip to be fixed. But, perhaps I'll be able to hold out to next summer or something. Ideally, I'd love to finish up my schooling (which ends in 2 years), but at this point I really don't think that I could handle being on my feet for the next two years in this state. I am only 11 weeks post-op and figure that I will still heal some more at this point, but the groin pain is still quite significant at the moment.
I should have a verdict at the beginning of this upcoming week and will def post when I get the news. eep!