Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Labral Reconstruction Here I Come!

I got an email today from the doctor saying that a labral reconstruction is the best way to go. I may require microfracture depending on the state of the cartilage inside the hip. I have had delamination removed twice before so I wouldn't put it past my darn hip to require it. I will have to stay in Vail for one week total and will be on crutches for 4 - 8 weeks depending on what exactly is done.

Now the problem of logistical planning begins. When do I have it done? Will my insurance company pay for it? (which is probably as soon as I send Dr. P my PT notes and get another hip injection :S). How do I pay for the flights, hotel, equipement? Since I am in a crazy amount of debt the financial aspect of this whole traveling for surgery is really making me nervous. But, at this point, I'd pay all the money I own (ok, that isn't a good analogy since I am in debt, but the point still stands) to get my hip fixed and live pain-free.

Just waiting for a phone call and I can get a better idea of how I can fit this into my life and how this is going to shake down. But....there is still hope for my hips!


  1. Glad that Dr. P can help you!

    Just a note (not to stress you out more): but it is very important to take into consideration the altitude difference (you very well may already know this). When we were originally planning on having Dr. P do my surgery (before being diagnosed with dysplasia) we had to logistically plan around that and allow for time to adjust to the altitude before the procedure.

  2. Thanks for the heads up! I will def have to consider this when I book my surgery and travel plans. How are you holding up?