Email Me

Email me

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lacking all stitches!!!!

Today I got the remaining stitches out of my hip. I am thrilled to have those whiskers removed. Now I can wear tighter pants (provided my pooch of swelling in hip/buttocks fits). There will be no jeans yet, but I am thinking that maybe yoga pants that can stretch to accomodate the swelling may work.

I am convinced that I hate getting stitches removed. I almost passed out from the pain today! I tried to play it cool, but when I started to profusely sweat from the pain, we decided that it would be better if I lie down (I was originally seated while the doctor took the stitches out). I hated being like this, but my goodness it hurt. He had a very difficult time getting the stitches out since they went so deep. He said that he had never seen stitches on the skin go that deeply. I guess it is good that they kept so much tissue in place post-op, but, compared to all of my previous surgeries, these hurt the most. I now have stabbing pains into my hip every time I move. Not cool. I'll prolly have to re-take some more Tylenol.

I have checked into going to a pool to get some aqua rehab into my schedule since both the PT in CO and my PT at home both are on my case. I really don't like swimming at all, but I am going to do it since it will be good for my hip. I need to do everything correct and follow my surgeon's protocol to a T since I am tired of having surgery after surgery. I was going to go this evening, but now that the doctor had to literally cut my skin to get the stitches out, I don't think that it would be smart to go swiming with small cuts all over my hip. So, it will have to wait until tomorrow or the next day. Also given the fact that things are pretty painful now, the extra movement probably won't be well tolerated.

As of now, no more stitches. No more narcotics. And...I am now 50% weight bearing (I increase to full weight bearing next week...I have a loooooong way to come before I'll be able to weight bear on this hip, but slow and steady wins the race).

Happy hip thoughts to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment