Email Me

Email me

Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's GO!!!

I am all packed and ready to go to the land where mountains grow and hips are fixed. Everything has fallen into place very nicely and am thrilled to get the chance to be fixed by one of the best surgeons in the world. Although very expensive, it will be worth it if it is the last hip surgery I'll have to have for a very long time; maybe even forever! It will be absolutely wonderful to be given the chance to live life with less pain. Even if I am not totally pain free, if I can manage it and be better than I currently am, it will have been a success.

I go through waves of nervousness but, in the end, I am so thankful that this is happening. And happening so quickly too. I know that most people have to wait months and months to get in, and I only had to wait 2 months for surgery. I thank the Lord for this opportunity.

My brother and Mum are coming with me out to Vail. It should be good company to have them both there, plus it will be a great help. I am fairly useless after surgery, so the help will be much appreciated. We are staying in a hotel that is 6 minutes away from the hospital; nice and close/convenient.

Despite being nervous, I am excited. Excited to get fixed, plus...I get to see a mountain for the first time EVER! :)

2 comments: