Email Me

Email me

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Survival of the Fittest



I have survived my first week back to my rotations. To say the least, it was difficult. I hated having to explain why I was using crutches to everybody I saw. Ah well, at least I am spreading the word that even young people can have bad hips!

Each day this past week I basically collapsed on the couch wh
en I got home from work and didn't move until I went to bed at 9:30pm, only to do it again the next day. I managed to get through it though. I tend to fade after noon hour lecture, but I try my best to keep up. We never take the stairs, and I sometimes am allowed to sit and look up lab values while the fellow and the other medical student go see patients. It is quite tiring and not fun at all. But, a sight to behold:


On another note, I realized that I hadn't posted pictures from inside my hip during surgery, I got 5 pages of them. It is difficult to determine what is what since they look like planets, but nonetheless, they are cool to look at.


Ligamentum teres hypertrophy
synotivitis

Top left shows my hip capusle directly attached to the acetabulum; no labrum

No labrum --> labral graft


Checking bone shaving
Bottom right: PRP injection into graft site









No comments:

Post a Comment