Email Me

Email me

Thursday, August 4, 2011

4 Weeks Post Op

Today marks the one month post-op date. Wohoo! Actually, I can hardly believe that it has been a month. It seems to have gone by so quickly, yet, at the same time, so slowly. I am fairly impatient now but things seem to be improving. Slowly but surely.

I can now walk unaided for about half a day but then I have to resort to using one crutch. My gait is by no means normal looking at all (I have posted a video of my walking to document my increasing ability to walk more an more normal). The hip sometimes catches and when I sit down (most of the time) I feel it clunk down and crack which, in turn, alleviates some of the pain. Very odd, but I am assuming that it is just the hip healing away. Although I will run this by my OS when I see him in a couple of weeks. I can do almost everything myself, except for putting on underwear and shorts because I can't bend that far in the brace. I still have trouble sleeping but after a couple nights of bad sleeping I end up getting a good one in that will last me a few days. I think it is a matter of being able to relax. I have groin pain still and am severely guarding the hip which makes it difficult to sleep. I don't take any pain meds anymore, just my prescribed Ibuprofen.

Overall, I am far behind my previous recoveries, but this was a repair and not a debridement, and I was much longer on crutches. I think that having the revision really makes the recovery longer as well. I have my fingers crossed that this is all worth it!

I really have to stop thinking about the worst though; it is making me stressed. Yesterday I stumbled across a blog about a lady who had a labral repair and the OS found that her labrum could not be repaired and he just took part of her IT band and rebuilt it right then and there. Gosh, I wish I could have had her surgeon doing my surgery! Then I would for sure be out of the woods for further surgery. Don't get me wrong, I really trust my OS and really think he knows his stuff but he doesn't know how to do the reconstruction and he wasn't going to make me his first. So, I live on the fence until I have my appointment with him on August 16th.

Anywho, another week down and several more to go. I start up working on Sept. 12th, which gives me plenty of time to get doing physiotherapy (once cleared from my OS) and have the hip settle down enough to function on my feet all day.



No comments:

Post a Comment