Email Me

Email me

Monday, August 29, 2011

Small Gains

So it is the little gains that really help you to realize that things are improving. For me, I have now gained some extension in gait! Also, I can now go up and down stairs with one foot on each step. That is a great accomplishment and makes me happy that I don't go up and down the stairs so slowly now.

Furthermore, I have slept for the last 4 nights in a row! Only two of them have been augmented with pain killers. In any event, it is still great to finally feel human. Before these past few days I hadn't slept well in about 6 days. I could sleep a little but I had a terrible time falling asleep due to pain and if I took oxycodone, I'd fall asleep but wake up all anxious and wouldn't sleep the rest of the night. Needless to say, restful sleep is much appreciated.

I am certainly going to make an appointment with my family physician to get some Tylenol #3 to help me when I start working in two weeks. As well, I need to get a 10 or 9 panel drug screen to be able to work in the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment