Email Me

Email me

Thursday, August 25, 2011

7 Weeks Post-Op

Today marks the 7 weeks date since I have had my surgery. I can hardly believe that it has been almost two months! I really wish that I could say that things are going smoothly and I was happy I had the surgery, but I can't do that. I still have more groin pain than I did before surgery and my muscles are so weak and sore all of the time that the compensatory pattern really does a deal on my gait (and back pain). I wish I could also say that I am advancing and making gains. But, I am so thankful that I have PT on a regular basis now since I felt like I was just sitting around stiffening up for the last 6 weeks. I need this to help me recover.

The thing that bothers me the most is the nighttime pain. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in 6 days. It really makes me feel miserable and crabby. I think that it is a combination of inactivity (not doing enough to make me tired) and pain. I have significant groin pain that throbs and prevents me from finding a comfy position in which to sleep. I have tried everything and last night I was tired of throbbing so I took an oxycodone. It took my pain away within 35 minutes and it was much appreciated! Although my sleep wasn't natural sleep last night, it was good to not lie there throbbing. I really hate to take such heavy drugs, but if I will help the pain, I suppose I should break down and take them. Gosh, I hate that this hip is still acting like this. Hopefully I will turn a corner soon and start to get some progress.

So sorry for the rant. I believe that makes two negative posts in a row. Perhaps I'll have better news in the near future with me doing PT.


No comments:

Post a Comment