Email Me

Email me

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

17 Days Post Op

Today was the first day in about two years that I have cut and painted my toe nails all by myself.  Many people don't understand what an accomplishment this is, but if you've ever had a hip problem, you'll understand the magnitude of excitement this carries.  Incredible.  Thrilling.

My ROM was amazing and my left hip is feeling amazing.  At PT today I was asking for more exercises as I feel as if I am totally able to do all of the exercises that is prescribed for my week post op. Craziness.  I am so incredibly thrilled with my left hip.  My PT can't believe the difference in my hip as well.  It makes all the worry and difficulty getting surgery so, so worth it.  Now I want my right hip done ASAP.  Speaking of my right hip, I am thoroughly getting worried that I am not going to be able to schedule the surgery before my insurance changes.  Like really worried.  I was going to call tomorrow, but I realized that nobody would be working since it is the 4th of July.  Sigh.  I guess I will be making some phone calls on Thursday to both the PA and the surgery scheduling person.  But, I truly need the surgery done and I hope that we can get it in in time.  Rather, I should be wishing for any surgery date, but it would save me so much money.  I suppose if it doesn't happen before my insurance changes, it means that it is too soon and I should wait a little bit to get it done as my left hip did just get done.  Either way, it is concerning that I don't have a date since a) he books so far out b) I am struggling using my right.  C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment