Email Me

Email me

Friday, July 13, 2012

27 Days Post Op

I have to admit, yesterday's conversation with the PA really makes me worried about scar tissue.  We know I form it like there's no tomorrow, but, having had four surgeries on the right already, I can't afford to have this interfere with my recovery.  I wouldn't consider myself a nervous Nelly, but I am becoming one this time around.  I suppose repeated surgeries and being repeatedly let down with no prior positive results to speak of will do that to a patient.

But, this concern is not the purpose of my post.  The intent with this post was to emphasize the wonderful support I have been getting while recovering from this last surgery.  It has come from unexpected places, from people whom I have just recently been placed in my life.  I am so thankful for you!  I am now living at home and, although I have several friends here with whom I have been friends for more than 10 years, they have proved to be quite shallow.  To their credit though, they have been attempting to be more empathetic.  To me though, actions speak louder than words.

A couple of days ago, a fellow hip friend sent me a package that, to say the least, brightened my day (or rather week).  She sent me the following:

Chocolate chip cookies with appropriate napkins :)

"Sometimes its the smallest decisions that can change your life forever"
-Kerri Russell

My new motto heading into my next surgery

I am extremely lucky to have people like this in my life to help me get through these tough times.  Somebody to understand.  In addition, I have been communicating with another fellow hip patient who had surgery with my surgeon a week or so before me.  We have texting sessions while we do our CPM shifts.  It's pretty great!  Definitely helps pass the time, builds a friendship, and helps to know that your temporarily sucky life activities aren't in solitude.  I would have never imagined that I would have such support from people who are going through similar situations.  I really appreciate the untold understanding that comes with this sort of relationship.  Everything need not be explained...they just get it.  Plain and simple, they understand.  I don't expect others who haven't gone through similar situations to understand, nor do I wish them to, but what I do wish, is for people to care.


1 comment:

  1. Hey... hang in there :) I am here to the very end and beyond through surgeries and life in general :) You always will have a friend who will try to understand as much as possible. The best thing is never having to explain and just that its understood and the comfort of knowing the other person truly understands... keep going we can do this... no matter how many or how few people care, we are going to get through, we are strong and will keep going. Try to keep the thinking to a minimum on the scar tissue though I know that is very hard with a "med based brain" we will figure it out all in good time (time what an awful thing!) xo

    ReplyDelete