Email Me

Email me

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

18 Days Post Op

Frankly, I hate sleeping....err, rather, lying there awake staring at the ceiling listening to music....until 3:30 in the morning.  After every surgery I have problems sleeping, but this is the worst, by far.  It makes me crabby and annoyed at every small thing.  I hate being like this.  Life's too short to be like this, but, I just can't help it.

Another thing I have noticed is that I cannot stop eating.  I literally have an appetite of two grown men. I usually have to eat two dinners as I won't make it through the night if I don't.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I was texting with another Dr. P patient who had surgery a week or so before me and he said he has the same problem with the appetite.  It's voracious!  I'm gonna end up on Biggest Loser soon. When I return back to school from my medical leave I'm gonna be a two ton Tessy!  Ahhhh!  I seem to chalk it up to the fact that a) I'm bored and home all of the time b) I'm in a protein deficient state and this is my body telling me that I need to eat more protein.  I suppose this is no reason to shove nachos, ice cream, chips, chocolate down my throat.  But, I still do it anyway!  I love eating so much that it may become problematic when my metabolism slows down in the future.  Until then....bring on the cookies!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment